Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

30 weeks ... and oh so bitter sweet.

So this week has been quite uncomfortable ... Leentjie's head has been pushed up against my ribcage all week and causing muscle cramps.  Its weird because you can kind of feel her head, well at least one side of my stomach is soft where as the other is REALLY hard.  She needs to stop being naughty and turn head down.

Because I know you guys love updated belly shots!
So today BA and I drove up to Los Gatos, CA to have 3-D/4-D ultrasound pictures taken for my Papa who was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  This week he had surgery to place a stent and they found out the the tumor is too large to operate on.  He is home for now, but in a lot of pain.  We are flying to Iowa at the end of the week to see him.

He had asked me several weeks ago if I could send him a picture of Helena and so I thought we would go the extra mile and get "real" pictures of her taken.  It makes me really sad to think that she may not get to meet him, an old man that I love so dearly and know she would too.

So here are two of the best ones we were able to get today.  It was difficult to get a good picture of her for two reasons 1. the placement of my placenta (which is right on top of her, so it makes things blurry) and 2. she has her damn foot in front of her face the whole time!  But from what I can tell from these shots SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE BA!  The sonar tech estimated her to be about 4.5 lbs and in the 85th percentile.  Seriously, I think I need to request a DNA test.

Side profile ... with her foot in front of her face.  She has BA's nose!

Side profile with her hand rubbing her eyes.  Love the fat cheeks :)

And the best picture of the day:  a view from under.  Here is her bottom and girl parts, you can see her little hand holding her thigh and her lower leg horizontal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment