Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

31, 32 and 33 weeks ... its been a while!

So I promise I haven't been slacking on updating Leentjie's blog ... we went to the midwest to visit my grandparents and my BFF Christain's wedding and as soon as we got back I had to take two finals in three days.  So here's some pictures from our  trip.

At the Grandparents (week 31):
BA and I at the Lake.  Don't we look happy?

Very Pregnant sitting on the porch.
Uncle KG (posing), grandma and papa.

All of us (minus BA the photographer) ready to stop taking silly pictures.  Of course we waited until the very last day we were there to take any :)
At Christain and Jake's farm wedding (week 32):

BA thinking he's funny.

Our little sweetcorn baby :)

Side profile of my big belly ... BA was a bit drunk so he wanted to takes lots of pictures of the pregnant lady around the farm.

Drunk monkey wearing my fake eyelashes.

Part of our presents from Megan ... can you guess who got the Kansas City BBQ sauce and who got the 85% Pain hot sauce?

Aftermath of the farm wedding.  Of course BA didn't get ONE bug bite!
And back home (week 33):

BA hiding behind a mountain.
Down under angle ... doesn't the light just catch the beauty of my hairy belly and gross belly button?


What a belly that measures full term looks like!  I still have seven weeks to go!!!

This week we also had a midwife and OBGYN appointment.  At 33 weeks, I am measuring full term (37 weeks) and she is still in a breech position :( So between now and 37 weeks we have to get this big baby to turn head down!  So to hopefully avoid an EVC (WATCH AN EVC), I started to do acupuncture to encourage her to turn.

Only the needles of the very outsides of my pinky toes are for turning her, the others are to help my swelling to go down. Afterwards she also stimulated the point on my pinky toes with moxa burning.  She sent a moxa stick home with me, so I could do some moxibustion at home.
If she is still breech at 37 weeks, BA and I have decided to do the EVC procedure to avoid a C-section. Having to do a C-section is the LAST thing I want to do, but if she doesn't turn we will do one.  So keep your fingers crossed she turns so we can have our home birth as planned.

I was just introduced to amazing reflex that babies have called "self attachment" by our midwife.  Here's a short video of what it's all about:  AMAZING!  And one of the many reasons why I want to have a natural, drug-free birth at home.  Not that I am telling (or judging) anyone who wants to or uses drugs during labor.  I believe that every woman should be in charge of her body and part of that is having a birth how she wants it ... not how a doctor or nurse or even her husband tells her to.

And just because this post is already too long:

Frankie and I getting our fitness on.  

One of the two pieces of furniture we bought for Helena.  A changing table/dresser!

And a crib that she might or might not use.  We still haven't decided if we are going to co-sleep or not.  But it was on sale, so what the hell?  Keeping all of our options open.

Her sheets ... a splurge at $35.00 ... crazy stupid price but too cute to pass up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment