Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

35 and 36 weeks ... and who will she look like?

We had an OBGYN appointment today, to see if she was still breech (she was), to see how big she is (~7 lbs and in the 85th percentile) and if there is enough amniotic fluid to attempt an EVC (there is).  So I will go in next Wednesday to do a quick U/S to check her position and then on Friday we will go to hospital to do the inversion.  The coolest thing about the whole visit was we got to see her practicing her breathing (which the DR says they do less than 15% of the time) so we were super lucky to catch it.  

Now I am not a sentimental crazy person, but it has been really amazing to watch her change from a alien -manatee blob to a real life human ... our daughter, Helena.  BA is getting super anxious to meet her, always commenting how he can't wait to see what she looks like and what her personality is.  I on the other hand, can wait and tell her everyday she needs to wait until at least 18 Oct to make her debut, not a day sooner.   

36 weeks!  
Its really crazy to think about how she is going to look ... because I can't imagine how you would mix the two of us evenly.  Until we did the 3D/4D pictures at 29/30 weeks, I imagined her to me a mini-me.  But now I am sure she is going to be a Francoistjie (little Francois).  But until 18 Oct, all we know for sure is she is going to have blue eyes (or she better have according to BA).  


Here's a few pictures of my African Jewel as a baby/toddler: 
BA and his mama ... isn't she so pretty?!?  We laugh at this picture because he is about 1 yr old and half her size!

I think he looks like an alien here with his big blue eyes.

I think the big yellow thing is suppose to be a diaper of some sort.  Why it takes up more than half his body, I do not know.

Happy 1st Birthday .... and probably why he still to this day is obsessed with chocolate :)

BA and his baby sister Etrechia, who he admits he was always really mean to.  Poor girl!

And pictures of me: 

I was one fat baby!  And where Leentjie gets her size from! 
Poor child both her parents have huge alien heads .... no doubt she will too.

BA's favorite picture of toddler Elizabeth.

Me and my brother Ben ... I wish Navy uniforms were as cute as the ones we are wearing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment