Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Call for Cloth Diapering Help.

So BA and I are going to cloth diaper the Gypsy ... but there are soooooo many different options out there that it is quite confusing.  The only semi-experience I have had with cloth diapering was with the beautiful Miss Madison Moore.  But she was 4 or so months when Leigh began using cloth diapers (G Diapers) and they ruled.  I don't know how well they will work on a newborn. 

We decided to go with prefolds and diaper covers (plastic type during day and wool ones at night).  Because they are economical to begin with and can last until potty training without having to change sizes as the monster grows.  I think we will get a few G Diapers down the road, for convinence sake ... but until then which prefolds should we use? 

So if you (Aunt Beth) or anyone you know is an expert in cloth diapering please help!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I used plain cloth, no pre-folds. I'm married to gurk remember. I liked the plain ones because I could fold them anyway I wanted. I used plastic pants, never heard of the wool kind. If they had the "re-ah" I might put 2 diapers so it would hold all the Sh**. Michael was potty trained by 22 months, day and night. Dustin took until he was 2.5 years and Nate was trained by his second birthday. Never used pull-ups during the day or night, just underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petru a.k.a Mother in lawApr 19, 2011, 8:30:00 AM

    Hey liz we are following the blog .!we cant wait to hear some more news of the pregnancy and cant wait to see you guys at the end of the year and finally meet little baby <3 love you guys alot from all of us in South africa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh g's! Maddy Pie is still in her gDiapers and we love them still. They have tinyG's for newborns, smalls, meds and larges. Our little bean stalk is STILL in her medium size g's...the ones we originally bought! When we have our next one I'll be using gDiapers again (starting with the tiny G's). I tried FuzzyBunz and BumGenius 2.0 and wasn't as impressed as I was with the G's.

    My best advice is to get one of a few different kinds. Try them on the baby, see what you like and what works for you...then make the investment of getting what you want to use.

    ReplyDelete