Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

24 Week Update.

So its been a while since I posted an actual update about Helena's progress.  So at 24 weeks she weighs over a pound and is about a foot long.  Basically about the size of an ear of corn:
Our corn baby Helena ... is it gross what we had BBQ corn last night for dinner?
Even more exciting than her vegetable/fruit size comparison is that while visiting Uncle James and Aunt Ashely in Charleston I really began to feel her move and kick.  Her kicks are so hard now that BA can feel them too!  She gets really active after I drink a huge glass of ice water or some sprite.  Sprite makes her move around like a crack addict.

The other morning we were laying in bed and BA decided it was time to wake her up.  He jiggled my stomach back a forth a couple times and I shit you not she woke up and started kicking.  I think she was pissed because she kicked hard and for a long amount of time before she settled down.  Of course, being the good parents we are, BA and I laughed and laughed about it.

What is crazy to me is that at 24 weeks, she is basically done forming.  All her organs are in the right place, she can open and close her eyes, and even her finger prints are done.  In fact if she were to fall out  right now, with a lot of medical intervention, she could survive.  However, I'll let her stay a bit longer getting fatter (and making me fatter) with every day.  Just cross your fingers I am able to stay within my weight gain goal of ~30 lbs.  Which so far I am on track to accomplish.

1 comment: