Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

38 Weeks . . . will this ever end?!?!

I kid, I kid ... well at least a little.  I think the past ~2 weeks have not only been the most uncomfortable but really it just sucks waiting.  Thinking every little ache and pain could be the start of labor. And yes, that means that although I HAVE to have a c-section, BA and I decided that I should labor first.  Our Dr agreed that we could wait, and so I will labor at home until the contractions are 5 minutes apart.

I feel better about the whole c-section this week.  Mainly because I have talked with our midwife ALOT about it and our Dr has agreed to consent to all of my request.  Here's some of my "demands":

1. That I be able to labor as long as possible, to not only prepare Helena for birth but to help my body know it is time.
2.  Not to have a screen put up for the operation.  I want to see her being born, the Dr even told me to bring in a mirror so I can see more.
3.  I want to expose her to the least amount of drugs as possible, so I will be getting a spinal block rather than an epidural.  The drugs administered are basically the same, however, a spinal block takes like 3 minutes to take affect and he will have her out 3 to 5 minutes later.  I am hoping this will allow her to remain alert and ready to breast feed as soon as I am in the recovery room.
4.  BA will take her as soon as possible from the nurses and do skin to skin.  We also have it written into the birth plan that she will receive no eye drops/ointment, vaccines or vitamin shots (of course cleared through her (hippie) pediatrician).  We also have asked that any tests/bathing/examinations be delayed until after she has had a chance to breast feed.

I also started doing acupuncture to get her butt in gear.  Part of the treatment is to stimulate certain points with electricity, so I took a video of it:

Creepy hand spasms

What has been "annoying" is that everyone else that I know is due this month have been having their babies early.  So of course that means I will be the lucky one who goes past my due date!

But either way ... how exciting is it that she is almost here!!

Helena at 39 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment