Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

39 and 40+ weeks ... how weird

How weird is it that our next blog post will be not of my super exciting pregnancy but of HELENA's birth!  I went to the OBGYN today (at 40 weeks and 2 days) for a check up.  Not only has NOTHING changed (no dropping, softening or dropping of my uterus) but our Dr informed us he would be going out of town next week.  So we had to make a decision to either wait until I was a week over and have some stranger deliver her or to schedule the c-section while our Dr was still available.  We decided to schedule the c-section for tomorrow 21 Oct.  It felt so weird.  Obviously we are excited to meet her ... but sad at the same time because her birth is going to be everything OPPOSITE of what our original birth plan was.  I am not going to lie, I started crying and freaking out as soon as the Dr left the exam room.  Of course it happened to be while I was peeing and BA refused to hug me until I was done.  It still doesn't feel real that in less than 24 hours, we will have a daughter.

So wish us luck!

BA took a picture of me sleeping (snoring) ... isn't pregnancy sexy?!?

Miss Effy and introducing Caleb Joshua ... he was due a week before Helena.   Once she gets here these three will be the rugby three amigos!

Walking at the dog beach, the day after her due date.  

On a walk with the pups today on my last full day of being pregnant.  PS - its not easy hiking up Carmel Hills with a huge African baby inside you ... I was sweating like a man!

No comments:

Post a Comment