Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Business of Being Born








BA and I watched this documentary recently and it was really very interesting.  I attached the trailer, but you can watch the whole version on Netflicks or in parts on YouTube.  But I highly recommend it, even if you don't agree with midwives or home births.

I do believe the act of birthing has been taken away from women.  My personal opinion (and only that) is why would you spend 40 weeks not drinking, eating certain foods, taking medicines, or drinking caffeine to pump your baby full of toxins right as they enter the world?  Seriously take 20 minutes and do a little research of the possible side effects of an epidural to both mother and baby.  No thank you.

I also understand that labor is one of the most painful things you will ever go through but why would you want to numb yourself and not wholly experience one of the most beautiful processes in life? Or be the very first person to hold that baby?  I am the one who had to give up my beloved Old Spice deodorant and switch to a natural one (which doesn't work half as well).  I am the one whose ass is expanding by the minute ... so why would I chose NOT to be the first one who gets to hold the baby?

Now I will step off my soapbox ... for this post anyways ...

2 days and a wake up until our Dr appointment.  I really really hope everything is okay.  If it is we have decided to tell everyone at 12 weeks.  I talked to my bestie ... Christain ... and she is going to help us make our announcements.  So keep your fingers crossed :)

Last night we went to dinner and a movie with Josh and Molly.  BA met Josh through rugby.  Super sweet couple and guess what ... Molly is one week more pregnant than me.  Before we met them for dinner BA asked if he could tell them.  I felt a little weird about it, because I don't want to have to un-tell them if anything happens.  But I could see BA really wanted to, so I agreed that if an opportunity came up in the conversation he could tell them.  Well of course 3 beers in, he awkwardly kept trying to "casually" bring it up.  Finally I had to tell them, "what Francois is trying to say is I am also pregnant."  Insert embarrassing exclamations of excitement and congratulations and a gross high-five (between BA and Josh ... NOT Molly and I).

No comments:

Post a Comment