Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Not because I have any thing important to say ...

As the title reads, I decided to try and start a blog (eww) not because I have anything important to say but because maybe one or two people might be interested in following my PREGNANCY and beyond.

In fact as of today, we still haven't told our families or friends.  Why?  Because I am very superstitious.  I think we will wait until I am past 12 weeks to tell my family.  I think I am going to send cards in the mail.  I find it really uncomfortable and almost embarrassing telling people I am pregnant.  Its a weird feeling.

Actually I am not telling them now because if this pregnancy doesn't pan out, I don't want them to have to be sad too.  Or want to talk about it afterwards.

The other day I had to tell my program advisor that I was pregnant and I could feel myself blushing and had trouble breathing.   The whole time I wondered if he knew I was married ... so he wouldn't think I am some "harlot" who was having a child out of wedlock.  Why?  I have no idea .... blame it on the hormones.

And the plan is to surprise the African's family this summer when we go to South Africa.  To prepare her for the surprise, the time he is there alone before I come he is going to complain to his mother about how fat I have gotten.  I think she will like the surprise, but Francois has warned me she will cry.  I hope that my crazy emotional self doesn't start to cry as well.  For no other reason than I probably won't be able to lose all the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment