Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Uneventful

This week has been quite uneventful ... just really busy with the end of the quarter stuff, as next week is finals.  I did do two things related to this baby-thing:
1. Ordered my maternity uniform
2.  Saw a nutritionist

As of right now my regular uniform doesn't button, but I don't want to wear my maternity uniform just yet. Fortunately I have a skirt that is a very tight squeeze but still buttons, although I don't think it will be for much longer :(  Good thing we only have to wear uniforms once a week on Tuesdays!

I went to see the nutritionist because I wanted to make sure I was eating the right way for pregnancy.  I don't want to overeat, they say you only need 300 calories extra a day, and I want to make sure I am eating enough.  She said that I was overall a very healthy eater ... although it kinda comes with the territory of being a vegetarian ... but I needed to ensure I got more calcium.

Also I didn't know that pregnant women shouldn't eat canned food!!!  I guess manufactures use BPA as a sealant for cans ... even organic companies.   Here is a link to an article published about it:  http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-05-19-cans19_ST_N.htm

Just a little over a week until I meet with the Doctor.  I really hope I like him, because if not BA and I are going to have to make some hard decisions.

BA, Homer, me and our Secret Gypsy on a recent 5-mile hike.  Our friend Amanda went too but she was taking the picture.  Soju was busy being an asshole running around and refused to get in "the family picture."

No comments:

Post a Comment