Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Good news, I suppose

I had my follow up visit today.  My HCG levels almost doubled between Friday and Sunday, which is good.  It ruled out an ectopic (HCG levels would have slightly increased), a molar pregnancy (HCG levels would have exploded) and a miscarriage at this stage (HCG Levels would have decreased).

The Midwife - who is married to the ER doctor AND a prior Navy Nurse - did another ultrasound.  This time around she showed and explained everything she was looking at on the screen.  We saw a very distinct gestational sac AND a yoke sac.  But not fetal pole or heartbeat ... I have a follow up on 02 March.

As I left the Dr Office, I was handed a brochure on "The California Prenatal Screening Program."  So now added to the worrying about this not being a viable pregnancy, I have the pleasure of worrying about what can go wrong if it is a viable pregnancy.

My acupuncturist put it best, "You first worry about IF you can get pregnant.  When you do, you worry IF you'll be able to carry it into the second trimester, then you worry IF something is wrong with your baby.  Then you have the baby and a whole world of worries open up you never knew existed."

No comments:

Post a Comment