Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trips to the ER are no fun :(

Crazy person coming through
Friday 17 Feb -

I have been having cramping before I knew I was pregnant.  Actually, I thought that the third time around was going to be a no score.  But I was wrong.
Who says hospital gowns can't be sexy??












Since I don't have an OBGYN yet, the nurse in charge of doing to prenatal briefs suggested I get permission to go to the ER (yes active duty members need permission to go to the emergency room ... can you believe it?) and just make sure everything was okay.

Well six hours, a blood test and an ultrasound later I still wasn't sure what was going on.  The attending Doctor ... who has been a Flight Surgeon for the Navy ... said that it was too early to be able to know anything 100%.  That there was three ways this could go: 1. it was normal and the cramping I had was from implantation 2. it was a ectopic or 3. it was a molar.

He wants me to come back to the lab on Sunday and have my blood drawn again.  And then follow up with a OBGYN on Monday.  If my HCG level double ... than that is a good sign that this is a normal pregnancy.  If my HCG level decrease .... miscarriage.  If my HCG level stay the same ... ectopic.  If they shoot up exponentially ... molar.

So we wait ...

No comments:

Post a Comment