Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

To midwife or not to midwife, that is the question.

So I am really unhappy about the whole OBGYN thing.  The referral went through tricare today, and so I excitedly called the OBGYN to schedule my follow-up ultrasound.  Well unlike they promised on Monday, their as "soon-as-possible" is 22 March.  19 days, or 456 hours from today.  So of course I cried, because that is what crazy pregnant ladies do, in the parking lot outside the free tax prep office on DLI (BTW so pissed that the state of Iowa think I owe the $425 dollars in taxes when I don't even live there).

Then BA suggested that we just use a midwife.  Which was slightly shocking at first ... we would have to PAY for the midwife.  And for those of you who don't know the African, he is cheap.  In fact that is why he doesn't believe in prostitution ... why pay for something you can do yourself?

But when I mentioned we would have to cover the cost ... he said something almost sweet, "the money doesn't mean anything, I want you to be happy.  And I want you to be mentally stable and stop crying in parking lots."

That, my friends, is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment